"Where is Spring?" and Preparing for Easter

Hi, guys!  It has been crazy here in my little life lately.  We have had four, yes four, nor'easters in the last three+ weeks.  During the first storm my daughter, Amanda, the one with four children, lost power for a day or so, just long enough for her husband to borrow a generator.  The power came back on before they could install it but it was a trying time, nonetheless.  Storm #2 brought severe tree devastation and both of my daughters with their new babies and other small children lost power for days and needed to come to my house.  Luckily, I did have power.  I say "I" because my husband was away on business so, it was just me at home.  We women held down the fort :).   Storm #3 found me sick on the couch with a mystery bug and my 81 year-old mother who lives two hours away with no power for two full days!  I was frantic and could not help her.  Thankfully, she had the police and nice neighbors checking in on her.  Finally and blessedly, the storm that came last night turned out to be barely a storm at all.  So now my mom has power.  My daughters have power.  Things are well.  All of this is to say, "IT IS TIME FOR SPRING!!!"




So, even though there is snow on the ground outside, I am decorating for spring and Easter on the inside.  Today, I thought I would share some of the touches I have thrown around the house to give a spattering of spring!


I usually try to start in the dining room.  It's the easiest choice because we only use the dining room table for holidays and special occasions.  I can freely play around with ideas and not have to disrupt the table to eat.



For the time being I have made a centerpiece for the table using silk flowers.  They were the quickest and most long-lasting way to add color to the interior of my home: something needed at this very dreary time of year.

My goal is to make a centerpiece of fresh flowers for Easter Sunday but, for now, it is nice to look into the room and see all these spring colors.  


I decided to open the doors of my hutch for a change this season.  I'm not totally sure I like this new decision of mine but, we'll see.  At the moment I have one door closed and the other door open to display a forsythia swag.  I'm thinking by Easter both of the doors will be closed ;).

 I know I have shared my "hoppin' down the bunny trail wreath" already but, it was such a hit and looks so pretty in my dining room that I thought I would share it again.


I love this pastel-colored Easter basket filler and have used it all over the place!


I thought this saying was apropos for this time of year.

 I added some bunny tags and inspiring floral picks to this twig wallhanging to make it festive for Easter.  Just a little touch~




I know these are fake cherry blossoms but, they still lift my spirits and give the feeling of spring!

Even my poor book collection is conflicted.  One book is about polar bears in winter and the other is about springtime in France.  Again...


it's time for Spring!!!



Linking in with these parties:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment