Easy Breezy Tablescape


I know the summer is going very quickly and it seems as though people are looking forward to fall but, I love the summer.  I need to stay in the moments of summer for just a little bit longer.  I hope you will indulge me. If you will, today I am sharing another seaside inspired tablescape.  I simply love the colors!
I love the light and airy colors of summer.  Here we have seaside blue, peaches, whites, creams and a seaglass blue/green.  What says "summer" more than that?!



I have been collecting these summer items over the years and some of them are new this summer.  I purchased the taupe and turquoise herringbone striped table runner at Homegoods a few months ago.  My daughter talked me into buying it and I am glad she did.  I've been using it everywhere!  It found it's final home here on my dining room table.

The coral color of these gladiolas are beautiful against the translucent blue of the vase.  You just can't beat Caribbean colors in the summer.

****************************************************

I came upon this pair of fishy flower pots at a yard sale on Cape Cod a few weeks ago.  I wanted to do something really special with them at some point but, I am afraid that might have to take place next summer.  I am starting to run out of time!  For now, placing a few plants in them will have to suffice.


Here is the other pot hiding in my hutch...waiting for another day!

I've collected seashells, seaglass, plasticware and candles, etc. over the years...all needed to finish the look. I also like the coral colors of the glad blossoms and fresh peaches.  I think they add a "punch" to whole overall look but, of course, that may not be your taste.  The look could be played around with, if you'd prefer.

Here are my Massachusetts (Cape Cod) napkin rings  again.  I have to use them while I can!  They will not look good on the table in the fall with the harvest colors :).  A few more weeks and they will be in storage!





I kind of liked this photo.  I posted it on my Instagram account, just for fun!
I also liked these photos.  I know they are not anything special but, I liked the striking contrast of the coral in the upper photo and the composition and texture of the photo above.  I hope you agree.


Well, there you have it, my "Easy, Breezy Tablescape", as I have called it.  This is the last one of season.  I promise to move on soon.  Until then, I hope you enjoy the last few weeks of summer!  I'm wishing that for myself, as well :).  

Oh, by the way, did you know yesterday was "S'Mores Day"?  I'm so mad at myself for missing it!!

Joining the Parties at:

Yay!  This Post was Featured on:


4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! I love your coastal table setting! You would fit in so well with our Dishing It & Digging It Link Party! We'd love to have your creativity!! It goes live every Sunday @4pm.

    http://www.thestonybrookhouse.com/2016/08/dishing-it-digging-it-link-party-109.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. So sorry for my late reply. For some reason I didn't see your comment until now! Thank you for your lovely invitation. I will definitely check out your Link Party! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Love the aqua colour and all the shells spread out on that beautiful tray - unique way to display them. Saw your feature at Silver Pennies Sunday and had to check it out. So glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori. I apologize to you also for my late reply. My technological skills need some improving it looks like :)! Thank you for your nice comment. So appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete